How can I keep my contact information from my harassing ex-wife if I have to file it with the court?

Attorney Brad CunninghamQuestion:

The court issued an order suspending my parenting time because I would not give my address and phone number to my ex-wife who was harassing me. I haven’t seen my child in two years because of this.

Is there a way for the courts to have my address and phone number and have that suspension lifted but still keep that information from my ex-wife?



First let me preface my answer by stating that I am licensed to practice law in Oklahoma and Texas, but I am not licensed to practice law in Colorado, so I am unable to give you any specific advice regarding your question because I am not familiar with Colorado statues and rules.  However, Cordell & Cordell does have divorce lawyers in Colorado and one of our attorneys there would be glad to meet with you to discuss your case.

From the facts you have given, your parenting time has been suspended solely as a result of your non-compliance with the Court’s order to provide current contact information.  Therefore, you need to rectify this probably immediately so you can begin enjoying time with your child.

You will be required to provide current contact information to the Court; you may be able to keep your ex-wife from having it, but not the Court.  Although, I am not familiar with Colorado laws and procedures, an experienced family law attorney would most likely be able to address your concerns with the Court through some form of hearing or conference with Court.

You may also inquire as to other options, such as filing a criminal complaint, you may have to prevent your ex-wife’s harassing activities.  Again, an experienced family law attorney should be familiar with these options.


Bradley K. Cunningham is a Senior Attorney in the Tulsa, Oklahoma office of Cordell & Cordell where his primary practice is exclusively in the area of domestic relations. Mr. Cunningham is licensed in the states of Oklahoma and Texas. 

After growing up in Tulsa, Mr. Cunningham moved to Arkansas where he received his undergraduate degree in Accounting from Harding University in Searcy, Arkansas. He then returned to Oklahoma and received his Juris Doctor from the University of Oklahoma.

End of Content Icon

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *