How To Deal With A Biased Judge


My wife and I are in the process of divorcing. She works at the court house with the judges that will most likely decide our case and she has told me they will side with her no matter what.

Isn’t this a conflict of interest? What can I do to ensure I have a fair hearing?


While I cannot give you legal advice, I can give some general observations on this issue based on my time practicing in Pennsylvania.

In Pennsylvania, the conduct of judges is controlled, in part, by the Code of Judicial Conduct. In fact, this code (or cannon) is codified in the laws of Pennsylvania. The code states, in part: “A judge shall uphold and promote the independence, integrity, and impartiality of the judiciary, and shall avoid impropriety and the appearance of impropriety.”

Also in Pennsylvania, if you believe a judge is not following his or her duty to be impartial, then you can, upon the proper filing, ask the judge to recuse (or withdrawal) him or herself from the divorce case. Outside of the courtroom, there is also information and resources available from the Judicial Conduct Board of Pennsylvania. This Board also accepts complaints.

Due to the seriousness of possibly having an impartial judge, I would strongly suggest you contact an attorney who handles family law matters in your jurisdiction, such as Cordell & Cordell.

To arrange an initial consultation to discuss divorce rights for men with a Cordell & Cordell attorney, contact Cordell & Cordell.

End of Content Icon

One comment on “How To Deal With A Biased Judge

    Unfair Judges , all the way to the Magistrate court. My spouses father works at court and knows most people. They kept changing the Judge in the beginning till the got the one the wanted. Totally ruining my life and my children’s lives. 8 yrs I’ve lived at 6,000 dollars a year and my spouse has lived on 65,000 a year. I want to get back my lost 8 yrs with my children and damages to my life.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *