Can I keep my ex from taking our child from the babysitter?


I couldn’t get an ex parte order against my wife on behalf of my son because she has already filed for divorce. Is there anything I can do to keep her from taking my son from the babysitter while I’m at work?




First let me preface my answer by stating that I am not licensed to practice law in the state of Missouri, although Cordell & Cordell does have attorneys who are licensed to practice law in the state of Missouri and would be happy to discuss your case with you.

Generally, most states will allow a party to seek temporary orders to provide certain protections during the divorce process. This is usually accomplished by filing a motion with the Court and providing notice to the other party. Your state’s rules of civil procedure will provide guidance on this process.

Sometimes the rules of civil procedure can be confusing to a person who does not deal with them regularly, so it would be in your best interests to speak to an attorney who is licensed in your jurisdiction for specific advice and guidance with regard to your questions.


Jason Bowman is an attorney in the Louisville, Kentucky office of Cordell & Cordell, P.C. He is licensed in the states of Kentucky and Texas. He received his Bachelor of Science in Business from the University of Louisville, and received his Juris Doctor from Texas Wesleyan University.

End of Content Icon

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *