Marriage Separation Advice: When Are Child Support Orders Issued?

Question:Colorado Divorce Attorney

My marriage separation advice question deals with child support laws.

Do courts automatically issue the non-custodial parent to pay child support if the custodial parent does not petition the court for a child support order after separation?


While I am not licensed to practice in your jurisdiction, I can provide you with some general divorce help for men regarding your marriage separation advice question.

Typically, the issue of child support will be addressed by the court during a marriage separation case. Since parenting time (or child custody) and child support are related, the court will likely address both issues.

However, you would want to voice any concerns or desires to the court, whether that be by filing a motion or by asking for it in court. I would make sure to address your wants with regards to child support to the court if you have not already done so.

How Much Should You Be Paying?

Child Support Calculators

Again, I am unable to provide you with legal advice on divorce and this should not be construed as an attorney-client relationship. Consult with a mens divorce attorney for marriage separation advice and child support questions.

To schedule an appointment with a Cordell & Cordell mens divorce lawyer, including Boulder Divorce Lawyer Maile Kobayashi, please contact Cordell & Cordell.

End of Content Icon

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *