My Ex Constantly Insults Me In Front Of Our Kids


My ex-wife is constantly talking badly about me in front of our kids. It says in our court papers that she is not to say negative things about me in front of them, yet it continues.

Is there anything I can do?


I am not licensed to practice law in your state. Therefore, I cannot inform you as to the specific laws of your state and can only provide you with general information regarding your situation.

Every state has its own procedure to deal with this type of behavior. In most states you can file a motion with the court to find the non-compliant party in contempt for not obeying the court’s order.

Depending on the judge and the jurisdiction, a finding of contempt can result in a stern warning, a fine, and/or jail time. Being found in contempt for non-compliance of a court’s custody order can also create a myriad of problems for the non-compliant party if custody and visitation are revisited by the court.

This is a very serious issue and it is always best to seek out the advice and counsel of a qualified, licensed attorney in your state.

To arrange an initial consultation to discuss divorce rights for men with a Cordell & Cordell attorney, including Virginia divorce lawyer Jonah Dickey, contact Cordell & Cordell.

End of Content Icon

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *