Is He Officially Divorced Yet, and Can He Get Custody?

Question:daniel lipsitz attorney colorado

I started proceedings for my divorce a couple of years ago, but I’m not sure whether it is was officially completed.

How do I check? If I want to go about seeking full custody of my children, what are the steps I need to take to start the process?



While I am not licensed to practice law in your state, I can give some general guidance on this issue.

You can contact the court clerk in the county in which you filed to see if the case is still active. If there was never a parenting time or custody determination, and the case is still active, you should be able to seek primary custody.

If not, you would need to file a motion to modify custody or parenting time. It would be helpful for you to consult with an attorney in your state and provide more details to the attorney to have a better idea where you stand with both the divorce and child custody.

Remember, I am unable to provide you with anything more than divorce tips for men, so please consult a domestic litigation attorney in your area to obtain specific advice as to the laws in your state and how they impact your potential case.

To arrange an initial consultation to discuss divorce rights for men with a Cordell & Cordell attorney, including Colorado divorce lawyer Daniel Lipsitz, contact Cordell & Cordell. 

End of Content Icon

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *