Should I An Attorney If My Ex-Wife Is Harassing Me?

oklahoma city divorce lawyerQuestion:

My soon-to-ex-wife is monitoring my Internet usage and emails and I would like to know if a family attorney handles this type of e-harassment claims or a criminal law attorney.

Is it unlawful for her to monitor my online presence? She also has people follow me around and I am questioning if there are harassment laws or possible defamation of character defenses I can use.


I am unable to give you legal advice on divorce. I can give general divorce help for men, though, my knowledge is based on Oklahoma divorce laws where I am licensed to practice.

The legality of a person monitoring your Internet usage and hiring people to follow you around is not a domestic issue and rather a criminal issue. You would need to speak with local law enforcement to determine if her actions are illegal.

Whether her actions violate any “e-harassment” will be determined by your local police department or district attorney.

Regarding any claim for defamation of character, where I practice, that is a civil issue that cannot be decided by the domestic law judge.

Remember, I am unable to provide you with anything more than divorce tips for men, so please consult with a divorce lawyer in your jurisdiction.

To arrange an initial consultation to discuss divorce rights for men with a Cordell & Cordell attorney, including Oklahoma Divorce Lawyer Kristy Kapp, contact Cordell & Cordell.

End of Content Icon

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *