How To Stop The Harassing Ex


Is there anything I can do to stop my ex-wife from harassing me?


While I am not licensed to practice law in your state and am unable to give you legal advice, I can give you some general observations on this issue based on the jurisdiction where I practice.

Where I do practice in Virginia, if one party is harassing another, the harassed party can seek court intervention by way of a protective order.

In order to successfully petition for a protective order, you must prove that the other party has reasonably put you in fear of imminent harm. States differ on their standard of harm. In Virginia harm can range from physical harm to emotional harm.

Further, protective orders have a differing burden of proof than most other civil actions, and this burden of proof differs from state to state.

Protective orders very jurisdiction-specific and require a specialized knowledge of local law. For these reasons I would suggest you contact an attorney who specializes in family law matters in your jurisdiction.

Remember, I am unable to provide you with anything more than tips on these matters, so please contact an attorney in your jurisdiction to obtain specific advice as to the laws of your state and how they impact your case.

To arrange an initial consultation to discuss rights for men with a Cordell & Cordell attorney, contact Cordell & Cordell.

End of Content Icon

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *