The Judge Calculated My Wife’s Income Incorrectly

child supportQuestion:

My ex-wife and her new husband make significantly more money than I do and yet I am still asked to pay more child support than I can afford.

What can I do to get these payments modified so they are fair?


While I am not licensed to practice law in your state, I can give some general guidance on this issue.

If you believe her income was not correctly calculated or her new spouse’s income was not included, you should file a motion to modify child support. The Judge will likely request that you both bring in your financial documents and the Judge can recalculate child support.

Diana Bishara attorney New Jersey
New Jersey divorce lawyer Diana Bishara

However, I would suggest that you not wait to do this because the modification will only be retroactive to the date you filed the motion.

Remember, I am unable to provide you with anything more than divorce tips, so please consult a domestic litigation attorney in your area to obtain specific advice as to the laws in your state and how they impact your potential case.

To arrange an initial consultation to discuss divorce rights for men with a Cordell & Cordell attorney, including New Jersey divorce lawyer Diana Bishara, contact Cordell & Cordell.

End of Content Icon

Shawn Garrison is an Online Editor for Lexicon, focusing on subjects related to the legal services of customers, Cordell & Cordell and Cordell & Cordell UK. He has written countless pieces dealing with the unique child custody and divorce issues that men and fathers face. Through his work on,, and, Mr. Garrison has become an authority on the complexities of the legal experience and was a content creator for the YouTube series “Dad’s Divorce Live” and additional videos on both the Dad’s Divorce and Cordell & Cordell YouTube channels. Mr. Garrison has managed the sites of these customers, and fostered the creation of several of their features, including the Cordell & Cordell attorney and office pages, the Dad’s Divorce Newsletter, and the Cordell & Cordell newsletter.

One comment on “The Judge Calculated My Wife’s Income Incorrectly

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.