What Happens To Arrears If You Get Back With Your Ex?

oklahoma city divorce lawyerQuestion:

I owe child support arrears to my ex-wife, though we are considering getting back together and moving back in with each other.

If I reconcile with my ex-wife, what becomes of the child support arrears I owe?


I am unable to give you legal advice on divorce. I can give general divorce help for men, though, my knowledge is based on Oklahoma divorce laws where I am licensed to practice.

Any amount owed in child support is a judgment. The past support is still owed regardless of whether or not the parties later decide to reside together.

If the amount of child support arrearage has not went to collection yet, then it is possible to have your ex-wife sign an affidavit stating that you are current on all payments and file such with the child support agency.

Read Related Articles:

Child Support Arrearage

Remember, I am unable to provide you with anything more than divorce tips for men, so please consult with a divorce lawyer in your jurisdiction.

To arrange an initial consultation to discuss divorce rights for men with a Cordell & Cordell attorney, including Oklahoma Divorce Lawyer Kristy Kapp, contact Cordell & Cordell.

End of Content Icon

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *