Wife Won’t Let Me See My Kids While We’re Still Married

divorce lawyer Andrew LaufersQuestion:

My wife and I are separated and she is not letting me see my children.

How can I see my kids while still legally married?


I am unable to give you legal advice on divorce. I can give general divorce help for men, though, my knowledge is based on Minnesota divorce laws where I am licensed to practice.

In order for you to be able to see your kids on a regular basis you will either need to start a Legal Separation or a divorce. A legal separation would leave you married at the end, but you would have schedules to outlining parenting time with your children.

It is incredibly important that you establish a regular schedule of parenting time with your children, though you mention that is difficult at the moment. You can establish a regular schedule through the divorce or legal separation process.

The longer you go without establishing the schedule the more difficult it becomes. A judge can say whatever is happening now is something that works for the kids and you are also subject to the whims of mom. Right now, a status quo is being set with you out of your children’s lives.

Unfortunately, if you want to see your kids you will need to start the divorce or separation process and it is in your interest to do so right away.

Remember, I am unable to provide you with anything more than divorce tips for men, so please consult with a divorce lawyer in your jurisdiction.

To arrange an initial consultation to discuss divorce rights for men with a Cordell & Cordell attorney, including Minnesota Divorce Lawyer Andrew J. Laufers, contact Cordell & Cordell.

End of Content Icon

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *