Spouse Refusing to Sign Divorce Papers

Question:elisabeth flemming attorney nevada

My wife isn’t signing the divorce papers.

What should I do?


While I am not licensed to practice law in your state, I can give some general guidance on this issue.

The answer to this question depends on where you are in the litigation process. If you have been through a trial, or have stipulated to the terms of your divorce on the record before the judge, it is likely you would be able to submit the papers without her signature.

However, if you are mediating a divorce, filing a joint petition or attempting to engage in an uncontested divorce, then she must sign the papers.

If this is the case, and she refuses to participate, then you must proceed with the divorce process in court through trial.

At that point, the judge will divorce you with or without her participation in signing the paperwork.

Remember, I am unable to provide you with anything more than divorce tips for men, so please consult a domestic litigation attorney in your area to obtain specific advice as to the laws in your state and how they impact your potential case.

To arrange an initial consultation to discuss divorce rights for men with a Cordell & Cordell attorney, including Nevada divorce lawyer Elisabeth Flemmingcontact Cordell & Cordell. 

End of Content Icon

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *