Proof Of Enrollment If Paying Support For Child In College

divorce lawyer Jordan RapoffQuestion:

If I am still paying child support for a child who is enrolled in college, then is the child required to provide the paying parent with transcripts or proof of enrollment?

My child refuses to send me her grades or any proof that she is actually attending classes while I’m paying child support to her mother.


I am unable to give you legal advice on divorce. I can give general divorce help for men, though, my knowledge is based on Missouri child support laws where I am licensed to practice.

Where I practice, child support laws state that for a child to remain eligible for continued parental support while in college, the child must submit to each parent a transcript or similar official document at the beginning of each semester, provided by the institution, which includes:

“the courses the child is enrolled in and has completed for each term, the grades and credits received for each such course, and an official document from the institution listing the courses which the child is enrolled in for the upcoming term and the number of credits for each such course.”

You will need to ask your child to send the information to you in writing by certified mail. If your child does not cooperate, then you proceed with your Motion to Emancipate.

Child Support Laws:

Age of Emancipation In Your State

Remember, I am unable to provide you with anything more than divorce tips for men, so please consult with a divorce lawyer in your jurisdiction.

To arrange an initial consultation to discuss divorce rights for men with a Cordell & Cordell attorney, including Missouri Divorce Lawyer Jordan A. Rapoff, contact Cordell & Cordell.

End of Content Icon

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *